Wine is one of the oldest drinks in our planet. Throughout the years it’s been discovered that red wine has a lot of health benefits, always consumed in moderation (doctors recommend one glass a day).
Red wine has a wide variety of polyphenols, which eliminate free radicals in the body. This is due to the grape selection and its fermentation process; that’s why a glass a day can keep the doctor away.
In Novelda we care for your health and well being, that’s why we enlisted 10 benefits that you can obtain from red wine:
- It aids in lung functions and prevents lung cancer. Red wine also decreases cigarette effects regulating the damage in blood vessels.
- Red wine helps digestion after meals.
- It enhances brain function because it contains antioxidants that aid in blood flow.
- Antiaging: red wine contains resveratrol and procyanidins. It’s not an immortal potion, but these two elements keep your blood vessels healthy, which have antiaging results.
- Prevents colds and fevers because of its antihistaminic properties.
- Aids in varicose veins and skin conditions.
- Balances your arterial pressure; red wine has the opposite effect of other alcoholic drinks (in moderation).
- Treats discomforts and illnesses like diabetes, dementia and osteoporosis.
- Reduces the risk of obtaining breast cancer given that it stops estrogen effects, having a different reaction to other alcoholic drinks.
- Red wine prevents cardiovascular illnesses. It reduces “bad” cholesterol level in the blood.
So there you have 10 reasons for not feeling guilty every time you have a glass of wine; and remember: “You can’t buy happiness but you can buy wine and that’s kind of the same thing”